East Village Junction (439 8 Ave SE)
East Village Junction – EV’s liveliest lot – is an innovative shipping container shopping hub that’s part outdoor retail hive, part event spot, and really big part community gathering space.
Friday: Sticky Ricky’s, Family Dogs
Saturday: Scoop n Roll
Sunday: Sticky Ricky’s, Viet 2 Go
Friday, June 29, 12-8PM
• All Day : Tea Garden presented by Two Penny x Sugarwater Bar
• All Day: Free Sock Friday brought to you by Pony Friday (see details below)
• Noon : Free 'Flow Into Fit' class with Live YYC (see class description below)
• 1:30-3:30 : Clint Marko, musical performance brought to you by Eau Claire Oil & Vinegar Bar
• 5:00-7:30 : BassBus Junction Jams feat. Lighter Than Arrows and Craig Aikman (of Northern Beauties & Zoo Lion)
Saturday, June 30, 10-6PM
• 10:30AM-12:30PM : Calgary Public Library storytime & activities for youth and families
• 1:00-3:00 : Sustainability Startups with Budfunding, a Platform Innovation Studio Takeover
• 1:00-3:00 : Beading Project with Angel Aubichon from Indi City, in the Otahpiaaki container (see more info below)
• 3:30-5:30 : Voices in the Village: Mason Jenkins
Sunday, July 1, 10-6PM (Canada Day at EV Junction)
• 10:30-11:30AM : Urban BARK Meet-Up (45-60 minute dog walk)
• 11:00 - 11:45 – Christina Colyn
• 12:15 - 1:00 – Holly Blazina
• 1:30 - 2:15 – Northern Beauties
• 2:45 - 3:30 – Lucky Sonne
• 4:00 - 4:45 – Carter Felker
•5:15 - 6:00 – Steel and Timber
Monday, July 2, 10-6PM
• All Day : Good Vibes Mondays – Cycle-bration!
• First 100 people to arrive by bicycle to EVJ receive either a bike light or bike bell
• 11:00 and 2:00 : History Cycle YYC, join Adam on a free 90 minute historic bike tour
• 1:00 and 4:00 : Rath Bicycle hosts Bicycle Maintenance & Cleaning 101
Free Sock Friday : Take a photo with the Pony Friday mascot and share it on social media, tagging @ponyfriday, #PonySocks and #evJunction. (Free socks available while supplies last - max 50 pairs).
Flow into Fit is a one-hour class that blends yoga and conditioning exercises, including movement & mindfulness, cardiovascular conditioning, and strength building postures. All levels welcome. Please bring a yoga mat and sneakers.
IndiCity creates authentic handcrafted beaded jewelry including earrings, necklaces, chokers and beaded hats that are infused with tranquil floral patterns, feminine energy, and whispered stories. Co-owner Angel Aubichon was born and raised in Northern Saskatchewan on the Flying Dust First Nation, and her family is Peepeekisis Cree.