Studio Bell, home of the National Music Centre
Join the National Music Centre for Indigenous Music Day at Studio Bell on June 21, featuring music and youth-friendly activities that celebrate the cultural diversity of Canada’s Indigenous Peoples.
Indigenous Music Day at Studio Bell will coincide with celebrations happening across Canada in honour of National Indigenous Peoples Day and Aboriginal Awareness Week in Calgary.
- Sandra Sutter (11 am – noon in Performance Hall)
- The Journey of Wicapi Omani: The Man Who Walks Among the Stars *TBC (1:30-2:30 pm in Performance Hall)
- Join Nakoda Elementary School grades 4 and 5 students as they pay tribute to Gord Downie with music and song.
- Medicine Wheel Dancers (3:00 pm – 4:00 pm in Performance Hall)
- Learn about the unique Metis fiddle style and accompanying dance, known as “jigging”
See more event details on the Studio Bell website
**To support accessibility on Indigenous Music Day at Studio Bell, the National Music Centre will be extending free admission on June 21 to visitors who identify as Indigenous or of Indigenous descent. Reception will accept identification or declaration upon entry.